Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Five Fall Favorites

Whether I like it or not Fall is coming!  I love the heat, so I have to remind myself of all the things I love about Fall.  Here's some of our favorite Fall activities from the past:

1. Fall Bucket Tree - I've already pulled out our Fall Bucket Tree of activities to start looking forward to all the fun activities we can do the next few months.

2. Halloween Gummies - I am excited to try different recipes!  I am definitely making pumpkins with homemade peach juice.

3. Cinco Calabazas song and video - Honestly this little youtube video was a ridiculous hit with all the kids who came to Spanish for Preschoolers.  Chiquita and friends regularly request it throughout the year.

4. Cornbelly's - A local Fall fantasyland, this place has corn mazes, giant corn sensory bins, pumpkin picking, slides, bounce houses, playground structures, pumpkin princesses and anything else you can think of.  It starts October 4th and Chiquita and I already have season passes.  She has gotten much more fond of a lot of the activities available there through this year and I know we will be going a LOT!

5. Day of the Dead mini altars - This is probably more for me than Chiquita, but I still have our basket mini altar of my grandparents hanging in my office and I loved sharing a small part of my family history with her.  My dad has been putting together pictures and stories of ancestors from both of my parents families so I hope to have another activity like this with Chiquis this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment