I would like to pretend that Chiquitita helped me a lot making this but honestly she colored the paper (scrap paper, we always recycle) some and I finished coloring and cutting.
We colored one page orange, one red, one yellow and one brown. For the leaves I used one template and then started just cutting random leaf shapes out of the paper. For the tree I cut out the trunk and put a notch in the top, then I cut branches from the the rest of the paper and glued them on.
On our leaves I wrote things I'd like us to do this fall like:
- Drink apple cider
- Decorate a pumpkin
- Play in leaves
- Collect leaves
- Make an apple craft
- Make a costume
- Make a turkey craft
- Visit Cornbelly's (a pumpkin patch and corn maze)
- Go on a nature walk
- Trick or Treat
- Make a skeleton craft
- Visit a graveyard (not morbid, I grew up by a cemetery and loved playing there, maybe we'll do a tombstone rubbing, we have a historic cemetery near the house).
- Hang up our fall wreath
- Make (and eat) a pumpkin pie
- Have a bonfire (that's a maybe)
- Make a handprint craft
- Make something with salt dough.
Then we glued them to our tree! The glue is still drying as I am typing this, so we'll hang it up tomorrow. I am looking forward to doing everything on our tree!