Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Say It Two Ways - Chinese New Year!


Chiquita and I are celebrating Chinese New Year this week gearing up for a local celebration on Saturday so I wanted to feature this fun activity that was linked up last week from Discovering the World through My Son's Eye's.



I love that she organizes play dates that involve learning and sharing with kids from lots of different backgrounds.  For this activity she actually contacted a local university to find a Chinese international student to come and lead the play group!  I think that the best person to share culture is someone from that culture so bravo!

This week I've created a printable mini-book in Spanish about Chinese New Year that Chiquita and I have been reading together.

On to the Link-up!



12 comments:

  1. Hola! Thank you for featuring me on Say It Two Ways. Would love to see the printable mini-book in Spanish about Chinese New Year you made with your little one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can download the mini-book from my blog at http://toddlefast.blogspot.com/2013/02/lunar-new-year-in-spanish-free-mini.html. Hope you like it! Let me know if I made any errors since I only have me to proof read it.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for introducing me to "Say It Two Ways Thursdays" - I'm looking forward to reading these other posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'm so glad you joined us and glad I found your blog. So - thank YOU!

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of learning a second language and at the same time exploring other cultures, not just those that speak the target language. What a great way to encourage a global view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We had fun, and it was a learning experience for all of us!

      Delete
  4. So glad to know about your blog and your weekly linky party! Have you heard of the monthly Culture Swapper linky? Would love to have you add some of your posts:

    http://alldonemonkey.com/2013/02/01/february-culture-swapper-is-live/

    Also, I am part of a Multicultural Kid Blogs group, as are several of the others that have linked up here (including Frances and Mud Hut Mama):

    http://www.facebook.com/MulticulturalKidBlogs

    We would love to have you join us! Just go here to request to join:
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/multiculturalkidblogs/

    Take care,
    Leanna @ Alldonemonkey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invite! I've linked up and requested to join the facebook group.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the invite! I have added your button to my party page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great ideas for language leaning.

    Thanks for linking to The Sunday Showcase. I've pinned to our board.

    ReplyDelete