Friday, February 22, 2013

Letter D Activities

I have no idea if Chiquita is really learning the alphabet, but the idea was more just to introduce the letters, not really having her learn them.  It's also a helpful platform for me to think up new crafts for us each week.  This past week has been letra D.  We've done:
  • D es de Dinosaurio - We made a fun dinosaur craft with the letter D and visited a dinosaur museum! 
  • D es de Dora - We talked about how Dora starts with a D and downloaded a coloring page from Nickjr.com.  Chiquita loves Dora and I love to hear her sing "I speak Spanish and English too.  I like them both, how about you?"

  • D es de Delfin - Chiquita colored an alphabet page about delfines (dolphins) and we made a craft.
I also found some really cool online learning games through Spanish Playground from the Literacy Center Education Network.  Chiquita and I played the shape games today and the letter games just with the letters A thru D, since those are the ones we've introduced so far.  Chiquita doesn't use a mouse yet, so I have her point and talk to me about where things should go and what matches etc.

See all the other Spanish/English alphabet crafts we've done!

2 comments:

  1. Very Cute!

    Thanks for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely. Nothing like learning through play - and she looks like she had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete