Tuesday, July 10, 2012

1 Minute Healthy Microwave Cake

Have you tried any of the 1 minute cake recipes out there yet?  Chiquita & I LOVE it!  I tweaked a recipe I found to make it a little healthier.  Chiquita ate it for breakfast this morning.  Does that make me a bad mom?

Mix together in a microwavable cup:
2 Tbs Flour
1 Tbs sugar
2 tsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
Dash of salt

Add:
2 tbs milk
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp jam (we used apricot)

Mix well and microwave 1 minute.  Most recipes say to grease the cup and then add the batter.  I found I could mix it in the cup & it came out fine.  Put it in the fridge for a minute to cool and then if you like you can take it out of the cup & add a dollop of jam. 



Nutritional data (I used myfitnesspal.com to  figure it out):
Calories: 160 Carbs: 37 Fat: 1 Protein: 4

Variations:
- use applesauce or mashed bananas instead of jam (we tried bananas,  good but very banan-y)
- add a few chocolate chips to make it chocolatier (no more than 5, it's a small cake)
- place a couple mini marshmallows on top at 30 seconds for a sweeter treat
 


2 comments:

  1. This just seems too good to be true. A quick snack and its not terrible for you. Wow! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, yumo, love cake for breakfast :-) Thanks for sharing at Happy Family Times!

    ReplyDelete