Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Inspired By You: Baby Play

I'm so excited that Chato is getting big enough to play!  He still hates tummy time (or really being set down for any period of time) so I'm trying to help him enjoy time out of Mommy's arms.

I saw these adorable mini discovery boxes from Living Montessori Now and thought that would be a great idea for Chato.  Chiquita has been obsessed with beading so beads are surely going to catch his eye and I loved the idea of a safe way for him to explore them.  I found a mini water bottle that I'd stashed from an event (read: forgot to throw away). I decided to fill it with some of the paper beads (from Marie's Pastiche as featured in my last Creative Kids Culture Blog Hop) I have been accumulating for Chiquita.  It makes a lovely rattle and has lots of fun colors.

We really haven't done any mirror play, so I was happy to pick up a little mirror on our last dollar store excursion to add another element to the play.

He had a lot of fun!  Chiquita loved playing with everything too (though we did have to have to talk about sharing since she wanted all the beads).  I look forward to finding more activities for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment