Here's what I've noticed with ditching the stroller (lots of duhs):
- Chiquita is more interactive. Whether we're on a walk or in a museum she gets more involved in her surroundings when she's walking than when she's strolling. Sometimes this is a plus and a minus as it means I have to keep track of her a little more, she's not nice and contained.
- No more dragging around an empty stroller when she does get out to interact. It also means no portable purse storage.
- Different time issues. It takes less time to get in and out of the car or house, but more time to walk anywhere. She has little legs that can only walk so fast.
- Sometimes I have to carry her. Since I'm 7 months pregnant it's only if REALLY needed, but sometimes it has to be done.
- As is obvious, Chiquita gets more exercise, which is good because she's got a lot more energy!
How old were your kid(s) when you ditched the stroller?