Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Printable "Puppet" Nativity

I found this fun printable nativity set, oringially on www.makingfriends.com.  I laminated them and put them on popsicle sticks like on bible love notes, but I wanted a kind of display.

So I took an old cat food box and covered it in construction paper (mostly) and cut little slits in the top.  This was Sunday morning so I only took like 2 minutes to do all of this.

I used it in the morning to teach Chiquita the story of Christmas, just added and taking away characters with the story.  Mary even rode on the donkey's back!  She paid way more attention that with a picture book.

I took it to church and used it with the nursery kids as well.  Very effective and fun!  Like a puppet show!  Then they can play with the characters afterwards and we had more chance to talk about who they were and what they were doing.  I would just like to add a little child Jesus for the 3 (or number unknown) scene.

1 comment: