Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Amigurami Counting Octopus

Update!  Pablo the Pulpo can now be found for sale on my Etsy store!


I've had fun making a few different Amigurami crocheted toys.  I loved this Octopus from Lion Brand (if you can't see the pattern, just sign up, it's free) and made one for a gift. I made him a little smaller than the pattern, starting with just 3 chains and 6 single crochets for the body and then cutting out rows 11-17.  I think I made the arms longer too.

I'm always looking for the way to take toys to the next level though and make them learning tools like el Conejo Hambriente.  So I just crocheted numbers on the tentacles and we have a Counting Octopus, great for helping us count one through eight.

Check back to see how we use Pulpo Pablo (his Spanish name) next week in Spanish for Preschoolers!


For the Kids Friday

3 comments:

  1. Pulpo Pablo... jaja, que cute, que chevre.

    Was going to mention that your Conejo Hambriente looks kawaii... reminded me a little bit of Domo, who is the NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation) mascot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!
    I am making one too but didn't even consider the counting bit!
    -r

    ReplyDelete