Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pee-pee Teepee

Like many moms of little girls I had no idea of the practicality of Pee-pee Teepees.  Seemed silly and superfluous until little Chato came along and pee was going everywhere!  Newborns hate being cold, so diaper changing is already our least favorite thing.  I knew we needed some Pee-pee Teepees stat and I was pretty sure I could make some.

I found this tutorial on Fly Lula and sure enough, they are super easy to make!  I just made a pattern from a cereal bowl.  I folded up my piece of flannel and cut out five circles all at once.  Then instead of using two different half circles, I just folded the flannel right sides together, eliminating one seam since my time is precious.

Tips:
  1. If you have pregnancy brain like me I recommend leaving the space open at the start of your seam in case you just sew to the end (like I did once) so you can turn it right side out. 
  2. If you do accidentally sew one completely shut then don't waste your time unpicking an opening, just cut an opening, it's not like these teepees have to be perfect circles, right?
  3. I would pick a smaller print next time, especially if I ever make these as a gift.  The little monster guys were cute, but you don't get to see much of them once they're sewn up.

I am happy to report they work like a charm and have shaved seconds off of diaper-changing induced crying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment