Wednesday, November 27, 2013

3D Flowers and Butterfly craft


I didn't intentionally raise a girly-girl, but pink, purple, flowers and butterflies are Chiquita's favorites, and her choice for craft time today.  Now that there are no flowers to pick outside I would guess we will be making flower crafts all winter long!

I cut strips for the stems first and let Chiquita glue them on (with no help from me!) while I cut out petals.  She wanted white and pink flowers.  I just used regular white paper because it was handy, but I love the way the tissue paper looks.  I added a little more glue and let Chiquita place the petals, just encouraging her to put the pointy ends toward the stem and adding more glue when needed.  The flowers were finished with a yellow center cut with fun edged scissors.

Then Chiquita decided we needed a butterfly too!  I cut out the butterfly shape from the pink tissue paper, black body and antennae.  This time I manned the glue so that the wings would stay unstuck while Chiquita assembled the butterfly.

This turned out so cute that I might frame it!

1 comment:

  1. So pretty!! I love it! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete