Sunday, March 3, 2013

{FHE} The Creation

We've been trying to do family night with Chiquita but this is my first time writing about it.  I'm LDS (Mormon) and my husband is not, but we both want Chiquita to learn about God and Christ.  With a 2 year old I've kept our "lessons" short and simple.

Song: El Mundo es Tan Bello #123 Children's Songbook in Spanish (The World Is So Lovely #233 in English)

Activity: Days of Creation Game.  I printed this game out at half size so I would just have a one sheet matching game.  I find that it laminates and travels better than a full-size folder game.

We started by summarizing Genesis 1-2, the creation story, using the little cards from the activity.  I explained that God made everything in order.  My personal religious believe is that don't know how He made everything (I am not anti evolution) just that He did and He did it in an orderly fashion.

Then we had Chiquita put the different things God created in the order that he created them.  I was so proud of how fast she picked up what went where.  She is a sharp cookie.

We ended the lesson by singing "El Mundo es Tan Bello" again and then served up ice cream and girl scout cookies!

3 comments:

  1. This must be one of the newer Primary songs-- I'm not familiar with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard of it either, but it fit this lesson so perfectly.

      Delete
  2. What a fun game to teach Creation. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete