Friday, January 25, 2013

Cardboard Castle

I found this adorable cardboard castle through Red Ted Art's Blog post on recycled crafts.
Ours didn't go exactly as planned - big surprise!  I got out the cardboard and traced out the castle - Chiquita thought this was exciting and she wanted to draw!!

I gave her a piece to color while I cut out the castle.  This was NOT ok with her.  She didn't want me to cut it up!  Yeah for terrible twos!  Honestly we've been having meltdowns many times a day every day.

She calmed down as soon as Papi started drawing cats (and tigers) for her, giving me time to cut them out.

The next day we painted.  I need to break out the real paint since our washable won't cover the printing on the cardboard, but Chiquita isn't ready for real paint yet since she regularly paints herself and everything around her in addition to whatever we're painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment