Monday, October 29, 2012

Scented sensory shaker

I saw these fun scented sensory jars at Adventures at home with Mum and thought it looked like fun.  I didn't have any bottle since Chiquita has always been breastfed so I did what I do best, improvise!

I wanted to try a lavender first since Chiquis doesn't go to sleep easy.  I was expecting the first one to be an experiment but Chiquita LOVES it. 

I took an empty trial size clear shampoo bottle (I save them to make esential oil mixes for my yoga classes).  I used sewing pins to poke some holes in the bottom.  I think very small nails might have worked better, but I only bent two pins.





I added blue Rainbow Rice (we still have a bagful even after all those drawings) and a few drops of lavender essential oil.  Chiquita likes shakers so it was an instant hit.  Then she started smelling it and having me smell it and the next few days at bedtime she gets it out herself to smell.  I think it really helps her unwind and it's fun.  I think we'll make others for other purposes.  It's been fun.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like fun! I would love for you to add this, and any other of your awesome ideas, to my Mom's Library weekly round-up.
    http://heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com/2012/10/moms-library-link-up-3-for-me.html

    Thanks and be blessed,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete