Thursday, May 3, 2012

Rainbow Rice - part one

I jumped on the rainbow rice train.  I've seen it on a lot of sites like Rockabye Butterfly and Share and Remember.  Really simple and works for pasta too.

I just did little ziplock bags and I didn't have rubbing alcohol so I used vinegar. 

With Toddler: Chiquita helped me put about 1 cup of rice per bag. She loved scooping, even if it was 100% effective, and she even waited for me to open the plastic bags one at a time. How patient! 

Just grown-up: Then I put in around 10 drops of food coloring and a Tbs of vinegar.  I didn't have to put it out to dry.

With Toddler: I just had Chiquita shake the bag and we were good.

It didn't clump and the color was nice and uniform.  Check back to see what we do with it!






No comments:

Post a Comment